As designers, we like to think that we know the audience we're designing for. We use demographics, ask clients for key attributes and psychographics, and immerse ourselves in the client's audience and market landscape. But how do we turn that understanding into something that customers really connect to? How do we move beyond demographics and education into something deeper? Better yet, how do we find that creative spark that we couldn't have come up with looking at a spreadsheet?
In this one-hour webinar, UX Designer and Drupal for Designers author Dani Nordin will share techniques she has used to help web teams uncover the true needs of their audience and create better projects. She'll explain how to combine existing research data with fresh insights from user interviews to gather new ideas and influence the design process early and often. At the end of this one-hour webinar, you'll have some practical tools to enhance your design skills and bring more value to your team.
In this design tutorial, you will learn:
- The difference between user research and other kinds of research (like marketing and competitive research)
- What types of research activities to include in the beginning of a project
- Methods to analyze and visualize the results of your research
Who should watch this webinar:
- Print Designers, Web Designers, Copywriters, UX Designers and Studio Managers looking to add UX to their toolkit
- Entrepreneurs who want to get a better understanding of their customers
- Anyone who has ever asked the question: "why would someone do that?"
Here is a preview of User Experience Research for the Web with Dani Nordin. Instantly stream this tutorial and hundreds more on your computer at Design TV now!
Bio: Dani Nordin is a UX Designer specializing in helping hard-working Drupal teams organize, gather requirements for, and understand the content and users of complex projects. Dani currently works at the User Experience Center at Bentley University while she pursues her Master's Degree, and she also teaches the User Experience Design course at General Assembly in Boston. Author of O'Reilly's Drupal for Designers (2012) and one of many authors of The Definitive Guide to Drupal 7 (Apress, 2011). Mother to the child known to the internet as Bump, and lover of any adventure that involves trying something new with food.