You'll Love This Book If:
- You're a freelance designer
- Your design career requires project management, bookkeeping, or any other business skills
- You want help digesting complex business advice to practically solve real-world problems
From David Sherwin, the man that brought you the best selling Creative Workshop, here comes the business side of being creative! Success by Design is a reference for designers to remind themselves of best practices in the industry. Complex business advice and information is distilled into an easy-to-reference format that's not meant to be read cover-to-cover, but to answer questions in the moment!
In Success by Design You'll Learn:
- Effective client service
- Project management skills
- Bookkeeping and financial skills
- And other tools required in the design field
The book is a mash-up of a serious business tome and a fun, visual encyclopedia that will catch designers' interest. Success by Design provides a perspective on the philosophies, tools and methods of today's successful designers who are also profitable businesspeople.
These skills are rarely covered in design school, and it's difficult to find comprehensive resources in book form or online. So this book is intended to be a singular reference guide and also an inspiration. In order to enliven the subject matter, the book is illustrated with witty visualizations of critical points through custom artwork, photographs, and infographics that help to convey complex topics in an easy-to-understand way.