You’ll love this guide to selfies if:
- You participate in social networking, but haven’t quite perfected your profile photo
- You’re looking for tips for photographing yourself
- You want to learn how to take selfies
Selfies by Haje Jan Kamps is ultimately a celebration of the culture of social networking, the world where you aren’t anybody until you have a photo of yourself, and what that photo says is critically important. Whether you’re an artist-soul, or you want to show your smoldering hot side, this cheeky, sexy, and loud book will show you how to depict these parts of you through photography. With pictures and stories from the best of the best, gather tips for photographing yourself and learn how to take selfies.
Learn how to portray innocence and drama, tell stories with your photo, use costumes and props during your shoot, shoot on location or in action, and much more. Gather the photography skills you need to capture the look you want, and learn how to edit your photos after the shoot to add layers, highlights, and more.
In Selfies you’ll find:
- 11 chapters filled with photography & editing tips to help ease & clarify the process of taking selfies
- Advice for using mobile apps & utilizing other techniques to perfect your pictures
- A plethora of visual examples to clarify techniques & ideas presented in the book
A word from the author:
“I’ve often noted that if photography is the art of seeing, then self-portraiture is the art of seeing yourself.” —Haje Jan Kamps
About the author:
Haje Jan Kamps has established himself as one of the best-known names in the photography-web, owner of the popular Photocritic blog and a key contributor to Pixiq.com. He's also ace on a motorbike and, during a stint living in the UK, he's been a volunteer policeman who saw action in the London riots.