You'll Love This Download If:
- You love getting solid advice about how to put together a cohesive portfolio
- You’re inspired by other people’s best works
- You want to learn more about what makes a portfolio successful
In this download from Print Magazine's June 2013 issue, the six winners from Print’s Portfolio Review competition give readers an exclusive look at their work. Five high-profile judges, including Mirko Ilić and Debbie Millman, also give feedback on what works and what doesn’t when putting together a portfolio that will wow potential clients.
In Inside 6 Top Design Portfolios You'll Find:
- Examples of the stunning work that comprises a successful design portfolio
- Commentary from top designer judges on what makes a portfolio stand out
Crafting the perfect portfolio to represent your work as a designer is no easy task. And playing the game of what to include can be especially frustrating. At some point, you’re forced to make the hard decisions, pitting the boring branding project that demonstrates your packaging skills against the client-less passion piece built of blood and tears. One nagging question hangs in the air: What do I include?
If you ask the judges of Print’s Portfolio Review competition, the answer is simple (and unanimous): Passion trumps variety every time. But passion is just one element the five high-profile judges looked for when selecting one winner each in this competition that rewards designers not for one project, but for their body of best work. They also picked concise portfolios with strong, unique designs.