Print Magazine December 2013
Regional Design Annual
You'll Love This Issue If:
- You love love graphic design!
- You want to take a peek at what award-winning graphic designers are creating across the U.S.
- You just have to have the latest RDA!
Print Magazine's December 2013 Regional Design Annual issue. This issue showcases the very best work of 2013 from all corners of the United States from self-promotion, ad campaigns, book covers and much more. Plus, Steven Heller muses on technology’s role in graphic design, and Rick Poynor helps us understand why design collections are important to the field.
The categories for the 2013 Regional Design Annual are:
- Far West: Judged by Petrula Vrontikis, a leading voice in graphic design and creative director and owner of Vrontikis Design Office and professor of graphic design and professional practices at Art Center College of Design.
- Southwest: Judged by Douglas May, award-winning design veteran and president of May & Co out of Dallas, Texas
- Midwest: Judged by Dana Lytle, founder of Planet Propaganda and principal and design director.
- South: Hank Richardson, director of the design Program at Portfolio Center, a graduate-level professional school for the communicating arts in Atlanta.
- East:Frank Basemen, creative director and principal of Basemen Design Associates, and associate professor in graphic design communication program at Philadelphia University.
- New York City: Stan Church, award-winning chief creative officer and founder of Wallace Church.
This year's entries left quite an impression on the judges “There is no shortage of top talent, good clients or exciting projects in the Southwest,” says Doug May, judge of the Southwest region. His advice to graphic designers - “Don’t settle for ‘good enough.’ Forget about trends, they will betray you. … If you have an emotional interest in your concept and craft, it will come through. Put your head, hands and heart into it.”
Now that the year is coming to end, see what made the "Best of 2013" list, including the best album art, the best book art, the best of Printmag.com and the most notable typefaces of 2013.