You’ll love this graphic design book if:
- You want to experiment with different graphic styles
- You’re experiencing a creative block and want to get your creativity flowing again
- You want a fun way to learn and use graphic design principles
Boost your confidence in your personal and professional work with Playing with Graphic Style by Steven Heller. With the 50 exercises included, discover your design voice by exploring the differences between personal, universal, historical, contemporary, and one-of-a-kind design styles. Find out how concepts like lettering, type, and typography have the tendency to define style, and develop an awareness and sensitivity to type styles, forms, and type choices. Explore graphic design fundamentals in a creative, fun, and interactive way, and discover which design styles suit you best!
In Playing with Graphic Style you’ll find:
- An introduction to the philosophy of learning through the process of play
- 50 exercises for experimenting with different design styles
- A playful & lively approach to exploring various design styles
About the author:
Steven Heller is the co-chair of MFA Design (Designer as Author + Entrepreneur) at the School of Visual Arts in New York and the co-founder of MFA Design Criticism, MFA Interaction Design, MPS Branding and MFA Products of Design. He is the author or editor of over 135 books, contributor to EYE, Print and Baseline, and writes The Daily Heller blog. He is the recipient of the 2011 National Design Award, "Design Mind."