Let's face it, designers and editors: gone are the days when we just made stuff look good -- now, we have to generate real revenue with a budget slashed in half. Today, we have to get more out of our content, which means that the traditional printed magazine is just part of the equation. It's time to step back and think of all the ways the brand works: print, web, digital publications, the iPad, apps, events, etc. How do we present our content in an engaging way in multiple platforms?
In this DesignCast, you'll discover:
• How the rules for designing a cover have changed
• How to architect a smaller publication within a ridiculous budget
• How to present content on the web that generates real revenue
• The pros and cons of digital magazines versus e-newsletters
• How to reorganize your content for tablet and apps
About the Author:
In the past 25 years, John Miller has helped several companies launch print or online campaigns and publications. Among them: Target, MSNBC, Vanity Fair, Esquire, Bonnier Corporation, Intel, Amazon, The New Yorker, and The Wall Street Journal.