You'll Love This Download If:
- Your previous photo shoots have been a mild disaster
- You’re inspired by stunning images from the likes of Sagmeister & Walsh and Design Army
- You want to learn more about working with photographers to get the right shot every time
In this download from Print magazine’s August 2013 issue, David Barringer talks with top design firms to find out their secrets for art directing photo shoots that astound and amaze. With input from image masters such as Design Army and Sagmeister & Walsh, creatives will learn tricks for hiring the right photographer, how to prepare for disaster and what it takes to get the picture-perfect shot for every project.
In How To Art Direct Your Best Photo Shoot You'll Find:
- Examples of brilliant photo-focused creative works
- Insights on how to ensure your next photo shoot is a huge success
In this quiz, successful designer/photographer teams offer a peek inside the twisted bliss of art directing photography. For or this quiz, you’ll need a pencil or pen and a playful state of mind to compare your answers to the perspectives of these photographers and art directors:
- Jake and Pum Lefebure, married. Started Design Army in Washington, DC together in 2003. Known for fabulist photography.
- Vanessa Witter, associate creative director/art director at Campbell Ewald in Los Angeles, and Scott Witter, a freelance photographer in Los Angeles, married. Moved to L.A. from North Carolina in 2004.
- Petter Johansson, art director at PJADAD. Works with a graphic designer and copywriter in a small studio in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Jessica Walsh of Sagmeister & Walsh in New York City. Designer and art director. Worked with Pentagram and Print magazine before joining Stefan Sagmeister’s studio in 2012.
- Henry Hargreaves, A New York City-based freelance photographer. After graduating university in New Zealand, arrived in New York in 2001 to work as a model.