You'll Love This Download If:
- You're tired of working with clients who undervalue your work, expect thousands of edits, and don't communicate
- You want to find clients that you work well with
- You want to build ongoing client relationships
This download is a 5 step process from Ilise Benun, popular author, consultant and national speaker, the founder of Marketing Mentor.com and the co-producer of the Creative Freelancer Conference. It is featured in HOW Magazine's September 2012 issue.
Many designers claim to have trouble “closing the sale” and getting the client to sign on the dotted line. They sometimes even imagine there’s some secret to closing that they don’t know yet. If there is a secret to closing, it’s that you can’t close someone who isn’t closeable. The best way to closing a deal with new clients is ushering them through a step-by-step qualifying process that weeds out the tire-kickers. Follow this tried-and-true formula to find the clients you really want to work with.
In 5 Steps to Finding the Right Clients You'll Find:
- The 5 step method, developed by Ilise Benun, that can help you avoid wasting time and get straight to the right clients for you
- A pre-proposal questions checklist
- Real world examples from other experienced designers
The idea of qualifying—deciding if a prospect is good enough for you—may be a foreign concept if you’re in the habit of taking whatever work comes along and/or blindly assuming that every prospect is a viable one. It’s your job to put your prospects through a process to determine whether they’re qualified to work with you, just like they’re doing when they approach you. If you don’t, you’re putting yourself in an extremely vulnerable and desperate position: waiting to be chosen.