You'll Love This Issue If:
- You're excited to see the winners from our 2011 International Design Awards
- You want to see what's going on in design around the world
HOW's March Issue is another one that's chock full of inspiration, complete with the winners from our biggest competition—the 2011 International Design Annual—featuring nearly 300 award-winning print and interactive designs. This, combined with our Interactive Design Awards, is sure to get your creative gears turning. PLUS: HOW takes a spin around the globe to introduce you 7 firms where creative pros are doing eye-catching work.
In HOW Magazine's March 2011 Issue You'll Find:
International Design Awards: After 3 days of judging fabulous design, judges Clint! Runge, Richard Westendorf and Michael Osborne narrowed down the winners.
- Best of Show: A Grade Above the Rest In a sea of college recruitment brochures that blend together in blandness, design firm 160over90 envisioned something much grander for this Best of Show winner.
- Categories: Annual Reports, Brochures, Covers, Editorial, Environmental Graphics, Illustration/Photography, Invitations/Cards, Letterhead/Identity, Logos, Miscellaneous, Packaging, Posters, Print Advertising, Student Work, 3D Objects
Interactive Design Awards: See the best that's on the web and beyond, from b2b and consumer websites, to self-promo and kiosks.
- Best of Show: A Digital Home Run Second Story Interactive Studios hit one, literally, out of the ballpark when they developed an interactive exhibit that lets baseball fans create the Big League stadium of their dreams.
- Categories: Business-to-Business Websites, Consumer Websites, Games, In-House Work, Kiosks, Miscellaneous, Motion Design, Online Advertising, Online Promotions, Self-Promotional Websites, Student Work
Global Design: We scanned the globe to find 7 design studios where creative pros are doing eye-catching work. Take a peek at design around the world, and hear from those creatives about other studios that inspire them. See what's happening in: Argentina, Australia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Spain, and the United Kingdom
Career: So you've been promoted to manager? Here are the key things you must do in your first 3 months to make the transition from colleague to boss.
Freelance: You've heard the advice that you should choose a specialty for your design business. Here's why—and how—to do it.
Business: Take these 4 steps toward gaining confidence and control over your personal and professional finances.
In-House Issues: Designers share the crazy projects they're asked to tackle (like a flyer for the boss's garage sale) and tell how you can deal with such requests.
Creativity: SwapYourShop.com has emerged as an online hub for designers looking to trade working and living arrangements with other creatives. Find out how you can spend a few months abroad—while keeping your job.
Workspace: A shop in The Netherlands makes the move from home office to more professional digs.
Designing Change: On the House
My Best Work: Matteo Bologna