You'll Love This Book If:
- You enjoy the work of Steven Heller
- You want a great read, different than the normal "how-to" stuff designers are constantly reading
Driven by a lifetime in graphic design and a passion for everything pop culture, acclaimed graphic designer Steven Heller delivers a provocative and highly personal interim report of his craft in this enthralling collection of essays.
Inside Graphic Design Reader You'll Find:
- More than fifty carefully selected essays are divided into five sections
- Stories that provide a panorama of design issues that is both deeply personal and universal
- The legacy of a master who has played a key role in shaping the identity, image, and formation of contemporary design
From the lost art of show-card writing, the tumultuous days of guerilla magazine publishing to the latest in electronic leaflets design, Heller provides stunning examples of how graphic design has turned from a subset of pop culture to a cultural driving force on its own. Rich in its scope and full of piercing observation, this refreshing collection of essays combines candid introspection, interviews with landmark design personalities and the philosophical elixir of thirty-four years of design.