You’ll love this book of design stories if:
- You admire graphic designers and other creative types, and would love a glimpse into their personal experiences
- You enjoy reading true stories from real people
- You want to learn about some of the experiences that helped shape various prominent designers, like Debbie Millman, Jessica Hische, and Sean Adams
Graphic Content by Brian Singer is a collection of true stories from a variety of creative contributors. Rather than promoting ideas like career advice for young designers, this book takes a turn in a completely different direction. It’s filled with stories taken from real life experiences of over 50 creative people, and these stories are meant to provoke amazement, surprise, entertainment, and beyond. Read about a first encounter with Mick Jagger, a failed design approach, a slightly embarrassing acceptance of a silver medal, and much more. Each story is sure to evoke a different emotional response, but all are honest stories from real people meant to be shared with you.
In Graphic Content you’ll find:
- Real life stories from 50+ creative people
- Biographical information for each contributor
- 100 black & white photos
A word from the author:
“As I sit in wonderment at how amazing life is, it strikes me that these kinds of stories, the ones we share over drinks or at dinner parties, are often the most meaningful.” —Brian Singer
About the author:
Brian Singer is a San Francisco based artist and designer. He works at Facebook, where he leads a team of designers, engineers and filmmakers.