You'll Love This Book If:
- You appreciate handmade design
- You want to learn more about how top designers incorporate handmade elements into their work
- You need inspiration for your next project!
In the first edition of Fingerprint, we celebrated the all-to-rare presence of the human hand in visual communitcation. It was 2006, and the design community, by our judgment, was overrun with slick, emotionless layouts, many of which were the result of the profession's unabashed embrace of computer technology. Handmade, we suggested, could provide a breath of fresh air.
Now, Fingerprint No. 2 reflects the evolution of those ideas. In this second volume you'll still find plenty of boutique projects, as well as those created entirely without the aide of computer technology. But you'll also discover how designers are beginning to incorporate the two aethetics – handmade and digital – in order to best communicate their message.
In Fingerprint No. 2 You'll Find:
- A foreword by Debbie Millman
- 133 projects and exclusive visual essays from leading designers
- Descriptions and commentary on the work
- The design firm, art director, client, location, printer, and materials of each project
- And more!
About the Author: Chen Design Associates is a place for collaboration, education and dynamic invention. The award-winning design studio partners with a wide range of clients, from start-up ventures to established corporations, local to global, artistic to analytic.