You'll Love This Book If:
- You love handmade design (and don't think there's enough of it anymore)
- You need some inspiration, after all this is a huge collection of gorgeous work
- You're just interested in collections of work from world-class designers
Fingerprint is a reminder that in this age of e-gadgets and i-things, there are some very reliable, non-high-tech tools that can help design reconnect with its audience. Even the hint of a hand-created element can activate a surface, instill passion and energy into a medium, and reassure the recipient that human understanding and insight are the foundations for the message.
This book is a celebration of both the presence of the human hand in visual communication, and the breath of fresh air such a presence delivers into a field glutted with predictable, passionless solutions.
Inside Fingerprint You'll Find:
- A foreword by Michael Mabry
- Examples of work that showcase a variety of design methods, including mixed media, illustration, letterpress, screenprinting and collage.
- Insightful essays on the power of the handmade by Debbie Millman, Jean Orlebeke, Jim Sherraden, Martin Venezky and Ross Macdonald
- And more!
Fingerprint is designed to be an inspirational journal of sorts—one that you can go back to again and again. You'll not only discover tips on using new materials, you'll also get to hear directly from the designers behind each project. So dig in and get inspired by the work of human hands. You'll be impressed at what they can do.