This revolutionary business book that, ten years ago, clearly predicted the emergence of social media, consumer empowerment, and interaction around the cutting-edge concept of a consumer democracy has been revised and infused with new visionary thinking. Marc Gobé covers how social media helped elect Barack Obama, how the idea behind Twitter is transforming our civilization, and why new generations are reinventing business, commerce, and management as we know it by leveraging the power of the Web.
This book includes chapters on:
- targeting Baby Boomers as well as the X, Y, and eXcel generations
- selling to gays and specific cultural groups
- the expanding role of women as shoppers
- the new role of advertising as people are moving from TV to laptops and cell phones
- how social media is impacting corporate cultures
Critics have hailed Emotional Branding as a breakthrough and fresh approach to building brands. In this book, design is considered new media, the Web is a place where people will share information, and people are the most powerful element of any strategy.