You'll Love This If:
- You're a self-taught designer or lack formal training
- You could benefit from a reference book on hand for projects
- You work with Adobe Creative Suites frequently
Now updated and revised to reflect changes in Adobe CS5, The Designer's Desktop Manual, Second Edition is still one of the best reference tools on key areas of print and screen-based design. From the most basic, introductory techniques and principles, to more advanced practices, this book shows it all through step-by-step projects and inspirational examples.
In The Designer's Desktop Manual, Second Edition you'll learn:
- How to complete basic to advanced projects in Photoshop, InDesign, and the rest fo the Creative Suites
- How to use color in digital design
- How to manipulate images in both appearance and file type
- Proper layout techniques
- Printing how-to's
- And so much more!
This in-depth manual to the world of graphic design is a must have for beginners or even fairly experienced designers who just lack a formal training in these essential areas. If you've ever found yourself working on a project asking "how do I do this?" then this book is for you. The information in the book is so much more professional and comprehensive than anything you'll find in some blogger's tutorial or forum.
What People Are Saying
"I've been designing in-house for a smaller company for years, but I never went to school for design. This book helped me turn out professional grade work and cut the time I spent making it in half. This is one of the most comprehensive graphic design manuals I've encountered" - Jessica A.