You'll Love This Download If:
- You want to know where you are in your design career
- You're looking for insight on developing yourself, what your values are, and how you can advance to where you want
This download is a 5 stage career analysis from Terry Lee Stone, a Los Angeles-based writer and
creative strategist. It was featured in HOW Magazine's November 2012 Issue, the Business & Career Annual.
While every design career is different, there are 5 distinct phases that most designers pass through between design school and retirement. Discover where you are on that path and learn how to make the most of each stage in the cycle.
Inside Design Career Lifecycle You'll Find:
- The 5 stages of most design careers and how to tell where you fall
- Insight from scientific surveys and experts in design, psychology, gender and more for a complete picture
- Awesome illustrations from Column Five throughout the article
Most designers want to have a long and successful career full of stimulating opportunities, excellent creative work and happy collaborations. It’s just that the career trajectory they imagine when they fi rst start in the profession may not become a reality. There are a number of highs and lows, twists and turns, and unexpected circumstances that can lead a designer to places they never imagined. While every design career is different, there are some commonalities in terms of the various stages a designer passes through. Considering these carefully may help smooth the path.