You'll Love This eBook If:
- You could benefit from knowing the meaning behind shapes and symbols that can enhance your designs
- You want to actually understand patterns in design, not just recognize them
- You're curious how design relates to fields like philosophy, math and physics
"The relevance of shapes, numbers and symbols in communication is timeless. Designers and others who need to know the symbolism behind the shape and symbols they use will find this book indispensable. Decoding Design integrates design with other disciplines and genres, such as philosophy, math and physics, for a holistic and worldly presentation of ideas.
In Decoding Design You'll Learn:
- How to interpret natural patterns and incorporate them in your designs
- The philosophy, math and physics behind pleasing aesthetics (why certain patterns, symbols and shapes look good)
- About case studies that demonstrate the practical application of the information in this book
- And more!
Our complex world is comprised of a handful of some very simple patterns. Patterns are made of basic shapes. These shapes have found their way into human design since the beginning of our time because they tell an eternal tale in a glimpse and their structure instructs about our connection to the universe. Symbols are intuitive and immediate. Design that references these symbols creates an immediate relationship with the viewer and that is what this book is all about.
Decoding Design reveals how common symbols resonate at a gut level. Readers will find deconstructions of famous logos and examples of variety of different designs that effectively use symbols, patterns and shapes to convey greater meaning."