You'll Love This eBook If:
- You’re the principal of a creative firm or work as a creative freelancer
- You're a creative pro that has to deal with money issues in the course of your work
- You feel uncomfortable talking about money with your clients
Money is often a taboo subject surrounded by misinformation and apprehension. Creative people, particularly, aren’t trained how to talk about money in a business setting, and after afraid to reveal their ignorance to potential clients or competitors. As a result, they may not know the best way to deal with money or be familiar with the financial techniques that will help their business succeed. The Creative Professional's Guide to Money provides tools and advice that address many common financial questions that creative professionals have.
In The Creative Professional's Guide to Money You'll Learn How To:
- Avoid the most common financial mistakes that creatives make
- Talk about money with clients and prospects in an easy way
- Determine what you should be charging for your work
- Position your business so that clients won’t be surprised by your prices
- Deal confidently with proposals, RFPs and contracts
- Create budgets and stick to them
- Create a budget, adhere to it and perform day-to-day accounting tasks
- Track financial metrics to avoid cash-flow issues
- Set long-term financial goals and plan for the future (including retirement)
This book will teach you exactly what you need to know about dealing with the financial side of a creative business whether you’re a freelancer, an agency owner, or an aspiring entrepreneur.