You'll Love This Book If:
- You're a visual artist who needs to display your work
- You want an online portfolio that truly represents your creative talent
- You want to be able to adapt your portfolio as times goes on and things change
The first purpose of Creating Your Digital Portfolio is to help designers, illustrators, and other creative professionals navigate the challenge of creating a digital portfolio (obviously). It contains practical advice to getting your work into a portable digital format ready to share on the web. It also discusses the thinking behind creating a portfolio, your objectives, and communication strategy.
The second purpose, however, is to serve as a catalogue of carefully chosen example portfolios for inspiration and reference. Some of the examples are portfolios of individuals and some are design studio websites, but the lessons to be learned from these sites are universal.
In Creating Your Digital Portfolio You'll Learn:
- How to develop an implement a portfolio strategy
- What to include on your portfolio site and why
- The legalities and ethics of digital portfolios
- How to launch your digital portfolio once it's designed
- How to get the most from your digital portfolio and stand out from the crowd
- And long-term maintenance strategies for keeping your site up to date
Simply put, this book is about building effective digital portfolios. The better your portfolio is, the easier your interviews with perspective employers and clients will be. If you are making the leap to presenting your work digitally or online, or simply wanting to improve your online presence, Creating Your Digital Portfolio will prove indispensable
About the Author
Ian Clazie has worked as an interactive designer and art director in Sydney and San Francisco for fifteen years. After studying illustration and graphic design at Rhode Island School of Design and Art Center in the early 1990s, he began his career in web design in Silicon Valley during the formative days of the worldwide web. Now based in San Francisco, Ian specializes in user experience design, visual design, information architecture, design direction, and reviewing portfolios.
What HOW Magazine's Senior Art Director, Bridgid McCarren, has to say:
Every designer should have this essential guide to showcasing their work in a digital portfolio in today's marketplace.