A digital download gives you instant access to the materials to your computer. After downloading a ZIP file of the materials, unzip it, and you'll be able to access all the course materials, which are in Word and PDF format.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- HTML tags, attributes, semantics and page building
- CSS syntax, values, selectors and properties
- How to pull it all together to make something beautiful
Who should take this course:
- Experienced print designers making the transition to web and interactive design
- Creative professionals with general knowledge of the language of the web
- Designers just starting to code websites
About the instructor
Patrick McNeil, the creator of Design Meltdown, is the content director for HOW Interactive Design and the author of the Web Designer's Idea Book series.
These workshops are self-guided, "offline" versions of our online workshops at HOW U. You receive the same curriculum and supplemental materials, but you do the work completely on your own, making them an ideal choice for students who truly want to work at their own pace.
In contrast to our online workshops, where class is "in session" for a specified period of time, there's no set time line for an independent study class, you could approach it as an intensive crash course, pick it up on weekends over several months, or whatever works best for you.