You'll Love This Download If:
- You missed out on an issue or two of Print from 2013
- You want a recap of the most engaging content from Print columnists and contributors
- You need the best Print articles about everything from art directing photo shoots to storytelling in design all in one place
In this download from Print magazine, we’ve handpicked the best columns and articles that were featured in 2013. Works from our famous contributors, from Steven Heller to Rick Poynor, are included. Readers will benefit from an array of hard-hitting content. Not only will you learn how comic book coloring artists do their jobs, but also you’ll understand how well-designed propaganda can persuade the masses. Find out how to use this age of information to your advantage, by creating engaging infographics and the like to bring in more site traffic and revenue. Open your eyes to new typefaces that are often overlooked, learn about the psychological and emotional impacts of color, and take a quiz that compares your results to those of successful photographers and art directors. Don’t miss out on the best of the best from Print magazine.
Some of the featured articles in this collection include:
- Charted Territory discusses the role of designers in the age of big data.
- My Son, The Art Director; My Dad the Illustrator shares reflections from two generations of illustrators on the family business.
- Faces in the Crowd, from Stephen Coles and Paul Shaw presents seven recent typefaces worth a second (or first) glance.
- In Living Color, color consultant Laura Guido-Clark shares her insight on color's psychological and emotional impact, and why she likes to think of color as a living thing.
- Mad Miracles shares secrets for art directing photo shoots that astound and amaze from firms like Design Army and Sagmeister & Walsh, who always produce stunning images.
- And even more!
Inside Best of Print 2013 You'll Find:
- Why mediocrity has become an epidemic in the design community
- A look at Print’s New Visual Artists of 2013